Thursday, 8 January 2015

Melt-in-the-mouth Sprouts n' Squash

Ok ok, so this post has no pictures, thats ridiculous, how can I possibly expect anyone to even look at it, I know. It's especially ridiculous as this recipe is so good that I have in fact made it twice and still not managed to snap it, due to either being too busy or too desperate to stuff the result in my gob.

You'll just have to trust me.

I wanted to put it up now rather than putting it on the "waiting for photographs," list (though I will try and snap it next time I make it!) because its so appropriately post-Christmas. You may still have sprouts hanging around or presenting themselves to you on offer in supermarkets. It's a minimim-effort, maximum-deliciousness side dish so you can still eat a little fancily even now that you inevitably have tonnes of work and commitments to burrow through that you let stack up over the holidays.

Melt-in-the-mouth Sprouts n' Squash

by Shonalika Tilak
Cook Time: 45 mins - 1 hour
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a side)
  • 2 bags sprouts
  • 1 bag cubed butternut squash
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 3-5 garlic cloves
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • Generous chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Trim and halve sprouts, and peel garlic cloves.
3. Mix all ingredients together and spread out on the tray.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, checking and stirring every now and then.

Notes: Random fact: This goes amazingly well with VBites cranberry bites, to the extent that I’d throw one into the oven just to pair with the other! Highly recommended:D
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment