You'll just have to trust me.
I wanted to put it up now rather than putting it on the "waiting for photographs," list (though I will try and snap it next time I make it!) because its so appropriately post-Christmas. You may still have sprouts hanging around or presenting themselves to you on offer in supermarkets. It's a minimim-effort, maximum-deliciousness side dish so you can still eat a little fancily even now that you inevitably have tonnes of work and commitments to burrow through that you let stack up over the holidays.
Melt-in-the-mouth Sprouts n' Squash
Cook Time: 45 mins - 1 hour
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a side)
- 2 bags sprouts
- 1 bag cubed butternut squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Generous chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Trim and halve sprouts, and peel garlic cloves.
3. Mix all ingredients together and spread out on the tray.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, checking and stirring every now and then.
Notes: Random fact: This goes amazingly well with VBites cranberry bites, to the extent that I’d throw one into the oven just to pair with the other! Highly recommended:D
Powered by Recipage