Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20-30 mins
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 onion, diced (optional)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4-5 medium mushrooms (I used chestnut)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 chili, chopped, seeds removed (or left in if you like a bit of heat)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Basil and thyme (I only used dried because they were all I had to hand - use fresh for best results!)
1. Saute onion for a minute or so, until translucent.
2. Add other veg and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add tempeh and herbs, and follow with red wine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then add tomatoes and nutritional yeast, and bring to boil.
4. Partially cover and lower to a simmer for 15-20 mins.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with more fresh basil, and serve over spaghetti or pasta of choice!